search this blog

Friday 9 March 2012

garden updates

Well, there's not much going on in my garden right now as the terrace leakage issues are being fixed.
Some pics from my garden -


some new members in my garden-pansies and petunia



my last harvest- ceylonese bhindi, spinach, pumpkin flower, mint and cowpeas
All harvested in a hurry before the workers create a havoc with my plants.


my very first european cucumber which I had to harvest as the new fruits were not growing. I have not been able to figure out why my plant is unable to support more than 2-3.




nutritious salad of cucumber (didn't feel like peeling it), orange cherry tomato and mint. My son polished off the tomatoes, we were left with the cuke..






till my next post, happy gardening!

4 comments:

Anita Kumar said...

Your European cucumber looks very enticing. Do you eat the pumpkin flower? How is it had, I wonder.

Chitra Vaidya said...

yes, the cucumber was very tasty.
As for the pumpkin flowers, you can dip in besan batter and deep fry as bhajjias.
Chitra

Anonymous said...

Hi,
The cucumber does look very nice. I am trying to grow some since one year, but they just would not oblige. I have some photograph in my blog , and I wonder whether it is Zucchini.( not sure yet)

I understand the problems of terrace leakage. I had gone through it in Dec 2010. Nightmare!

http://www.Gardenerat60.wordpress.com

Chitra Vaidya said...

Pattu, I think you are having Zucchini, not sure as I have never grown it, have just sown some seeds yesterday. But the pic looks very similar to the one in gg's blog.
Keeping my fingers crossed about the leakage
All the best